X-Lite Softphone For Your Hosted VoIP PBX
Download the software for PC or Mac at: http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download/
Once installed, run the program and bring up the main screen:
The main page has four (4) selectable buttons below the keypad:
1) What shows as a 3x3 grid icon, to select the “Dial Pad”.
2) A human figure icon, to select a small “List of Contacts”, which is local to the softphone.
3) The star icon, to select a “List of Favorites” from the contacts list for quicker access.
4) The analog watch icon, which indicates calls made & received and indicates missed calls (see “Missed Calls” below for details).
To set up an individual phone, select the “Softphone” tab at the top left of the program to obtain the “SIP Account” window and enter the details required into the “Account” tab.
ONLY the following settings should be changed
Account name: [Enter a desired descriptive name for this account, e.g. Your Company Name]
- Choose a unique name for this account on the softphone it is being used on for your reference
User ID: [Enter your assigned extension number, e.g. 530)
- This is the PBX domain that your softphone will connect to
Password: [Enter the assigned password for this extension, COPY & PASTE = Your Unique Password]
- For security purposes, it will display as: “●●●●●●●●●●●●●”
Display name: “Your name, or any name you would like to use for the extension display”
- “Display name:” - Choose an alphanumeric display name that you wish to display for outgoing calls (may not work with all outside destinations)
- NOTE: Shorter names fit better on many called phone displays
ALL other settings on this softphone should remain at their default settings.
If a user misses a call while the softphone is operating, the analog watch icon will display a red indicator to inform the user of any missed calls. Selecting the analog watch icon will show the list of recent calls, including those answered and missed.
Voice Mail Indicator (If Available to this Extension)
If a user misses a call while the softphone is operating, the analog watch icon will display a red indicator to inform the user of any missed calls. As shown in the above “Missed Calls” section, selecting the analog watch icon will show the list of recent calls, including those answered and missed.
If the Extension has a voice mail box active, the softphone will also show the number of unheard voicemails as a red indicator on the looped recording indicator at the upper right of the main screen.