What is Adobe Reader?
Adobe Reader software is the trusted standard for reliably viewing, printing, signing, and commenting on PDF documents. It is a PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content — including forms and multimedia — and is available across leading desktop and mobile device platforms.
What operating systems does Reader X support?
Reader supports multiple platforms, including Windows®, Mac OS, iOS, and Android.
Why should I upgrade to Reader X?
Adobe Reader X software is the only official PDF viewer that lets you read, search, print, and interact with virtually any type of PDF file. With Adobe Reader X, you can:
- Fill out PDF forms by typing directly on the page or clicking through fillable form fields — and now save the completed form to your desktop
- Sign anywhere on a PDF file by typing or drawing your name or inserting an image of your signature
- Annotate documents with the same full set of commenting tools offered in Adobe Acrobat® XI software, including sticky notes, lines, shapes, stamps, and highlight, underline, and strikethrough tools
- Share files using your favorite email application, now with support for Internet email services such as Gmail and Yahoo! Mail
- Open PDF files more securely in the Protected Mode sandboxed environment.
How do I download Reader?
You can easily download free Reader for multiple operating systems and devices:
- Visit the http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=HRZAC to download the desktop version of Adobe Reader X. Once there, you can select your language, operating system, and connection speed.
- Download the Reader mobile app from Google Play or the iTunes App Store to use Reader on Android or iOS devices, including iPads and iPhones.
- You can also download previous versions of Reader that run on Linux® and Solaris™ platforms.